Work In Canada | St. Clair College

Work While You Study

Working On Campus

To work on campus, you must:

  • Have a valid Study Permit
  • Be enrolled in a full-time program

Working Off Campus

You can apply for Off-Campus Work Permit if you meet the following conditions:

  • Have a valid Study Permit
  • Have enrolled in an academic (not ESL) program full time for 6 months
  • Gain GPA 2.0 or better in the previous semester

An Off-Campus Work Permit allows you to work up to 20 hours per week when you study full time, and work full time when you have holiday (summer, Christmas) breaks.

Post Graduate Work Permit

You can apply for Post-Graduate Work Permit when you meet these conditions:

  • Have a valid Study Permit
  • Completed a full time 8 months+ program
  • Gain a degree, diploma or certificate
  • Receiving final transcript indicating your degree, or written confirmation of graduation
  • Apply within 90 days of the written date

For more and accurate info, please visit