This program is delivered at our downtown campus, the St. Clair College Centre for the Arts. If you’re staying in residence, which is located at our main campus, it is a quick 20 minute bus ride to our downtown campuses. The bus stops directly behind the St. Clair College Centre for the Arts. The MediaPlex is one block south of the Centre for the Arts.
As one of the premier programs in the country offering the depth and integration of current digital content and trends with traditional platforms, the Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada calls this program, “the most up-to-date curriculum of any of the Ontario advertising programs.” Students study what is evolving in today’s industry, learning what businesses are doing now. Students are prepared for digital marketing to consumers using interactive platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, mobile devices, as well as continued utilization of traditional platforms like television, radio and print.
- 3rd year students regularly compete in annual advertising competitions winning awards and gaining valuable experience for their portfolios.
- A four week prearranged work placement provides students with real industry experience and valuable contacts. Many students are hired by their work placement for full-time work following graduation.
- Program offers 12 social media, mobile and digital marketing/media courses – more than any other university or college in Canada.
- Faculty are all seasoned and experienced industry professionals with backgrounds in executive positions at major national and international companies.
- All graduates are HooteSuite certified in digital media.
There are a wide variety of career paths available including: digital media, social networking management, account management, copywriting, event planning, media planning and buying, public relations, Internet marketing and advertising, consumer behaviour, relationship management and many, many more. It’s no wonder that 90% of our grads are employed within 6 months, pursuing careers in Windsor, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and many more.
- Bachelor of Professional Arts in Communications Studies: Student is granted 60 credits towards the 120 credit degree.
- Bachelor of Human Resources and Labour Relations, Bachelor of Management in Marketing (4 year program): Student is granted 30 credits towards a 120 credit degree.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing: Student must take 11 courses (a minimum of 30 residency hours).
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration in Strategic Management: Student must take 11 undergraduate courses and 13 graduate courses (a minimum of 60 residency hours).
Griffith University, Australia:
- Students can complete a Bachelor Degree in Communications in two semesters.
Students who have successfully completed a related program at the college, or have a university degree in Business/Marketing can apply for credit transfers to accelerate the time necessary to acquire their advanced diploma. Applicants must contact the Program Coordinator before applying.
Why Choose This Program?
St. Clair's Advertising & Marketing Communications Management program has a lot to brag about. Our students outperform - having won more advertising competitions than any of the other Ontario advertising school. We pride ourselves on the 90% employment rate that our graduates enjoy within 6 months of completion. The Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada calls ours “the most up-to-date curriculum of any of the Ontario advertising schools.”
But enough about us, this is about you. Why is all of this good for you? Because you never miss an episode of Mad Men. Because you are a creative thinker and a problem solver. Because you write, design, and spend hours on interactive media. If this sounds like you, St. Clair's Advertising & Marketing Communications Management program is for you.
The highly experienced faculty offer students the best in marketing and advertising training. Students will learn: the Business of Advertising and the Psychology of Advertising, Principles of Marketing, Layout and Design, Print Media, Digital and Web Design and Copywriting. You will be developing complete and integrated plans and programs in: marketing and communications, advertising, promotions and public relations, event planning, business and creatives in both the traditional and web arenas.
As if all this isn't enough, we also arrange a month-long work internship for you. Plus, should you be interested in further education, your credits can gain you standing at various universities including: Athabasca, Wilfrid Laurier, Davenport, Windsor, Wayne State and Griffith.
OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
- Grade 12 English (C) or (U)
- Grade 11 Math (C) or (U) is strongly recommended
Mature students - See Admission Procedures for details.
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
NOTE: S/U GRADING - ADV701
Program Physical Demands Analysis
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Advertising and Marketing Communications Management (Ontario College Advanced Diploma) (MTCU Code 62100)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Determine, analyze and respond to clients’ advertising and marketing communications objectives by applying principles of marketing and communications.
- Perform a market segmentation analysis, determine the organization’s target market/audience and define the consumer behaviour of each segment.
- Develop an integrated advertising and marketing communications plan and persuasively present and defend it.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of integrated advertising and marketing communications initiatives.
- Develop advertising and marketing communications material in compliance with current Canadian legislation, industry standards and business practices.
- Develop creative solutions to address advertising and marketing communications challenges.
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate projects by applying principles of project management.
- Complete all work in a professional, ethical and timely manner.