Culinary Students from St. Clair College under the guidance of Chef Michael Jimmerfield won the Best Pasta Dish Title at UHC's first-ever Pastabilities Luncheon fundraiser. The event showcased a diverse array of pasta dishes, with the St. Clair College Culinary Students winning with their Asian-inspired pasta creation.
Enjoy the Bahmi Goreng winning recipe and serves up to 8.
1½ lb Ground pork, Lean
1 pc Spanish onion Large, slivered
3 pc Garlic cloves minced
½ hd Savoy cabbage chiffonade
1 Tbsp Fish sauce
1 Tbsp Sambal Olek
4 pc eggs
1 lb Wide linguini, or narrow fettuccini
Vegetable oil as needed
2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 bn Green onion, bias cut green and white separated
1 bn Leek thin bias cut, white only
1 Lg Carrot, julienne
- Whisk eggs with a pinch of salt. Heat wok on medium-low heat rub with oil and add eggs in a small batches swirling to make very thin omelet, gently peel from wok in rolls. Slice and reserve.
- Boil pasta till not quite cooked shock in cold water, allow to drain in colander, oil lightly.
- Brown pork, before it is fully cooked add fish sauce and chili paste. Strain and reserve all liquid.
- Using pork fat from the top of reserved liquid. Sautee onions for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cabbage season with salt and pepper, sauté for 1-2 minutes more add pork and all reserved juices if fatty pork was used some fat may be discarded. Remove from wok.
- Working in batches depending on wok size. sauté leek and white part of green onion for 30 seconds add pork mixture to reheat add carrots and noodles with oyster soy and sesame.
- Stir fry until heated through add egg and remaining green onion to combine and serve.