This program is delivered at our downtown campus, the St. Clair College Centre for the Arts. If you’re staying in residence, which is located at our main campus, it is a quick 20 minute bus ride to our downtown campuses. The bus stops directly behind the St. Clair College Centre for the Arts. The MediaPlex is one block south of the Centre for the Arts.
This new program will provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to plan, organize, coordinate, implement and promote special events for the public, corporate and non-profit sectors. Graduates will be able to develop and implement financial initiatives, coordinate effective venue management and apply the principles of marketing strategies, effective human resource management, business administration skills, and the principles of professionalism and ethics. The ever growing industry of events is being used to stimulate economies, increase tourism, develop community awareness, foster public involvement, improve quality of life, generate revenue and market products.
The event industry is a rapidly growing segment of virtually every sector of society. Events are part of public, not-for-profit, charitable, private, and corporate sectors. Employment opportunities may be found at tourism associations, trade and professional associations, convention and conference centres, governments and at conference and event planning companies.
College Diploma or University Degree OR an acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education (as determined by the College).
Program Related Recommendations:
- Related work experience is highly recommended
- Applicants should be computer literate in a Windows PC or MAC environment
Mature students - See Admission Procedures for details.
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Event Management (Ontario College Graduate Certificate) (72205)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Develop and implement financial initiatives based on event objectives through methods such as sponsorship programs, grant applications, and fundraising initiatives.
- Plan, design, and coordinate effective site and facility operations.
- Apply the principles of marketing to events.
- Apply strategies for effective human resource management to events.
- Create, plan, and implement effective programming for events.
- Apply accounting and financial knowledge and skills to the operation of events.
- Apply business administration skills to the operation of events.
- Apply the principles of professionalism and ethics to event management