The Data Analytics one-year graduate certificate prepares students to visualize past, present, and future patterns by linking and presenting information in meaningful ways. The area of data analytics offers deeper insights and meaning of data sets for users by telling the story behind the information. This type of detailed and defined information enables graduates to effectively predict trends, understand the needs of customers, as well as make more informed business decisions.
Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Degree, or equivalent with a concentration in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering, or combination of work-related experience and post-secondary experience.
International Students: See Admission Policies for details.
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Data Analytics for Business one-year graduate certificate (Ontario College Graduate Certificate) (70717)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Analyze, organize, and manipulate data to support problem-solving, business decision-making, and opportunity identification.
- Develop statistical and predictive models that use operational and marketing data to identify patterns and provide insights to business stakeholders.
- Assess and apply business intelligence and Big Data tools appropriate to business decisions, business problems, data movement, and system workloads.
- Prepare and communicate complex materials verbally, in writing, and digitally for a variety of audiences, purposes, and levels of detail.
- Analyze and interpret data as it relates to various aspects of a business organization’s readiness to change.
- Conduct data analysis and research in a respectful and ethical manner that protects privacy and maintains dignity to all involved.
- Deliver data-oriented projects using data science, business analysis, and project management principles, tools, and techniques to ensure clients’ business needs are achieved.