The 2022 recipients of St. Clair College’s Alumni of Distinction come from diverse backgrounds, but they have all reached great success in their chosen fields.
The honorees for St. Clair College’s 29th Alumni of Distinction Awards are the following:
- Michael Audet, Chief Executive Officer, E.L.K. Energy (Essex. Lakeshore. Kingsville. Energy), graduated in 1988 from the Business Common program. He is being honoured in the category of Business & I.T.
- Karen Bolger, Executive Director, Community Living Essex, graduated in 1985 from the Developmental Service Worker program. She is being honoured in the category of Community Studies.
- Tim Byrne, Chief Administrative Officer, Essex Region Conservation Authority, graduated in 1979 from the Civil Engineering Technology program. He is being honoured in the category of Technology / Engineering.
- Kristin Kennedy, President and Chief Executive Officer, Erie Shores Health Care, graduated in 1997 from the Nursing program. She is being honoured in the category of Nursing/Health Sciences.
- Tomoko Oxenfarth, Designer/Owner of Maison Louise, graduated in 2020 from the Fashion Design Technician program. She is being honoured as a Recent Grad.
- Chris Vadori, Social Media Manager – Canada, Skip the Dishes, graduated in 2010 from the Advertising program. He is being honoured in the category of Creative Arts (Media, Art & Design).
This year’s list of honourees will bring a total of 125 graduates recognized by the College since 1992.
St. Clair College President Patti France said the award recipients will be asked to be guest speakers at convocation ceremonies in 2022-2023.
“There’s a dual purpose of the Alumni of Distinction program,” France said. “It does exist, most certainly, to pay tribute to the remarkable achievements of the recipients –both professionally, and in recognition of the many beneficial contributions they’ve made to their communities. It also serves as a source of inspiration to current and prospective students: to demonstrate to them, in the form of an individual who has excelled, that a St. Clair education is the basis of tremendous success and fulfillment.”
This year’s Alumni of Distinction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 29, in the Alumni Skyline room at the St. Clair College Centre for the Arts in downtown Windsor. Tickets are $60 and available by calling 519-972-2747 or visiting www.stclairalumni.com for more information.
“The Alumni of Distinction awards are a true reflection of the College’s motto ‘Start Here, Go Anywhere,’ said John Feldman, President St. Clair College Alumni Association. “This year, the honourees have made remarkable strides in their journey from St. Clair College. We are looking forward to sharing their unique story with all of our students, alumni, and our community.”
Last year’s ceremony honouring the 2020/21 Alumni of Distinction was held as a virtual event.