Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, St. Clair College motorcycle training has been suspended. The suspension of these courses will likely continue for the next few months. The Continuing Education webpage will be updated, as soon as more information becomes available. Thank you for your patience and understanding of the situation.
Please note: There is a risk of accident and personal injury in learning to operate a motorcycle.
Students must be 16 years of age or older.
Students under 18 years of age, must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver before they will be allowed to participate in this class.
For general inquiries call (519) 972-2727, Ext. 4575.
Transfer, Withdrawal and Refund Policy: No show = No refund.
If you do not show up or arrive late for your scheduled course, you will not receive a refund. Transfer to another section will be at the discretion of the College, subject to applicable charges and must be requested prior to the original course refund deadline. For MOT 103N courses- For a full refund, a formal withdrawal must be made ONE full business prior to the course date. For MOT 112N courses- For a full refund, a formal withdrawal must be made FIVE full business days prior to the course date.
After the start of the course, there are no refunds. Any refunds granted will be made at the discretion of College management ONLY, for exceptional circumstances. Please contact the Continuing Education department within 5 business days. It is the responsibility of the student to check their registration receipt and verify their registered course date against the section number and semester or term.
It is a student’s responsibility to upgrade their license at a DriveTest Centre within 6 months of successful course completion. Any course results are invalid after 6 months.
All Canada Safety Council replacement certificates will be subject to a $25.00 fee.
A student will NOT be allowed to participate in any of our motorcycle courses if he/she does not have the following:
- Sturdy jacket (leather, denim or other sturdy materials) and pants (heavy slacks or jeans) - holes are unacceptable
- Sturdy boots (i.e. riding boots, work boots, hiking boots) or motorcycle shoes that cover and support the ankle
- full-fingered leather gloves/ full-fingered riding gloves
- An “Approved” helmet - recommended is a full-face helmet with a face shield. Half helmets and open face helmets are acceptable, however, you cannot use the novelty or beanie type helmets for this course. Please Note Helmet Exemption MO M2018-5581: Under the Highway Traffic Act, the helmet exemption applies to motorcyclists operating a motorcycle on public roadways, not on private properties (i.e. parking lots). Wearing an “Approved” helmet for the St. Clair College training course is mandatory.
- Eye protection – helmet shields, goggles, safety glasses or sunglasses are acceptable. Glasses must be impact resistant.
- A valid Ontario “M1” beginners' motorcycle license for the MOT 103N and the MOT 113N courses
- A valid Ontario “M2” license for MOT 112N course
- A waterproof jacket is also recommended for rainy days. Courses run rain or shine!
There is a risk of accident and personal injury in learning to operate a motorcycle.
Related Web Links: