FREE tutoring services are available on all campuses to enrolled students who need assistance to improve academic performance. Every effort is made to provide students with an appropriate tutor within a week of request.
Do I need a tutor?
- Are you unsatisfied with your grades?
- Do you need help understanding or Improving an assignment or homework?
- Is your understanding of concepts fuzzy?
- Do you need practice in organizing information?
- Are you are falling behind or are feeling “lost”?
- Do you need encouragement to improve self‐confidence?
- Do you need help in developing a good problem‐solving strategy?
- Would you like another point of view? Another explanation of major concepts?
- Does it help for you to verbalize and talk out concepts?
- Would you like help in reviewing for exams?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you would benefit from seeing a tutor.
One-on-one Peer Tutoring
Peer Tutors can provide one-on-one help with course content, and pass along useful study strategies, but they will not do a student's homework or assignments.
Peer Tutoring gives you:
- Help to prepare for quizzes, tests and exams.
- A study partner who can help you understand and remember your material.
- The perspective and support of a student who knows how to be academically successful.
- The opportunity to build confidence in your own academic skills.
While Walk-in Writing Support is not available at this time, Writing Support tutors are still taking first come, first served requests for paper and assignment review. Please email email@example.com with a request for writing support using your college email. You will be asked to email your assignment to your Writing Support tutor in advance and assigned tutors will contact you by college email to arrange a Microsoft Teams online meeting to provide feedback. Available hours per week are limited.
Group tutoring provides an effective setting for students to learn from each other with the assistance of a peer or faculty facilitator. Tutoring for 2nd and 3rd-year students is primarily through group tutoring.
Indigenous Student Services
Additional tutoring services can be arranged for Aboriginal students through our Indigenous Student Services.
To apply for a tutor:
Simply drop by one of the tutoring locations listed below or you can apply through your Student Self Service account.
For contact information, visit our Contact Info page.