Frequently Asked Questions | St. Clair College

Monday to Thursday - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Friday - 10:00am to 4:00pm

Windsor Campus:
2000 Talbot Rd. W., Windsor, ON N9A 6S4, Room A1343

Chatham Campus:
1001 Grand Ave. W., Chatham, ON N7M 5W4, Room 134

Downtown Campus (SCCCA):
201 Riverside Dr. W., Windsor, ON N9A 5K4, Room 127

Domestic Application: Please submit an application through the Ontario Colleges Application Centre:  
Please apply before February 1st for the equal consideration date.

International Application: Please follow link:
An application fee payable to OCAS is required. OCAS application fee can be found at

Admission requirements for each program can be located on the program pages:

For more detailed information and selection criteria for oversubscribed programs:

Admission procedures for domestic applicants can also be found:

Admission procedures for international applicants can be found:

Please contact our recruitment team who can assist with program information:

Fee information can be found on the Registrar’s Office website:, under “Tuition and Fees”.

Most communications/emails from St. Clair College contain your student number. If you cannot find it, please email the Registrar’s Office at and provide your full name, date of birth and the last 3 digits of your SIN number.

Apprenticeship programs are run by the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD). If you are currently an Apprentice, and have received an Offer of Classroom Training Letter/Email from the Ministry, you are eligible to pursue the in-class portion of your apprenticeship at St. Clair College by filling out the request form at:

Steps to Register:

  1. Have your Offer of Classroom Training from the Ministry available for reference.
  2. Complete, and submit the Online Request to Register Form.
  3. Receive a response email from St. Clair College with enrollment confirmation and instructions on how to pay your fees.
  4. Pay your fees to confirm your seat. (Please note that your total fee differs from the amount shown in your Offer of Classroom Training. The total price will be indicated on your request to enroll form.)

Your seat is not guaranteed until you have received a response from St. Clair College, AND your tuition fees have been paid in full.

Please visit the Apprenticeship website for up-to-date information:

Please visit the IT Services website:

Please see the International Department website: or email: or call 519-972-2727 ext. 2753. For Department contacts, please see:

Please see the Forms menu on our website:

Starting in May, the Registrar's Office will begin emailing tuition deposit information. Paying your tuition deposit is the next step to secure your registration. Tuition deposits are normally due at the beginning of June each year.

Please see tuition fee schedule:

How can I make payment for my tuition?

Payment is made online through your banking app or in person at your bank. Please see the Registrar’s Office website: for a video with step-by-step instructions how to pay.

To pay online:

  1. Select - Pay a bill
  2. Click “Add a payee”
  3. Then add “St. Clair College - Tuition” as the payee.
  4. Your account # is your student number, which is 7 digits (if 8 digits are required, please add an extra zero to the front) (Do not include the “W”)
  5. Enter the amount you wish to pay.
  6. Click “ok”

* Please allow 3-5 business days for the college to receive your payment.

For International payments, please refer to this website: make-a-payment
For all other payment options please visit:

Yes, the payment of the deposit will be applied towards the program fees for your term (Please note: this $100 is non-refundable should you withdraw).

The non-refundable tuition deposit is only required once per academic year unless, you choose to switch your program of study during the academic year.

No, sponsored students are not required to pay their initial deposit to secure their seat in the program. Please ensure that your Sponsor emails their Sponsorship information to the Registrar’s Office: and you have completed the Agency Sponsorship form.

I am a Better Jobs Ontario (formally Second Career) student; do I have to pay the tuition deposit?

Yes, Better Jobs Ontario students are still required to pay their initial deposit to secure their seat in the program.

Please refer to the “Student Fee Structure” information that can be found on the Registrar’s Office website:

St. Clair College’s Identity Management System is branded St. Clair ONE. This will enable St. Clair students to access college resources through

St. Clair ONE accounts are created 24h to 48h after you have officially registered. You will receive an email to HOME email address that is on file. This email will contain your username and password.

All students are required to register for Self Service Password Reset. This will allow you to rest your password for your St. Clair ONE without having to contact the IT Help Desk.

Self-Service Forgot Password link:

If you do not recall your alternative authentication methods or you have not set up your alternative authentication methods, please call the IT Help Desk at 519-972-2727 ext. 2500 and we will be happy to assist you.

Please visit the IT Services website:

Please visit the website: Email is or phone: 519- 972-2727 Ext. 4177

It is the responsibility of the student to update their address on SIS if they move to a new location or are a new arrival: Main Menu > Self Service > Campus Personal Information

*If you are utilizing OSAP, it is imperative to update your OSAP web account as well
*If you are an apprentice, it is imperative to update the Ministry of Labour, Training, and Skills Development (MLTSD) as well

You will need to notify the Registrar's office in person or by email to have them make the change in the student information system. Students must provide legal documented proof to change their name. (Examples: Marriage certificate, divorce decree, Certificate of Name Change, driver’s license). Once it is updated by the Registrar's office, the IT systems will be updated - please allow 24 to 48 hours for changes to take effect.

*If you are utilizing OSAP, it is imperative to notify the Financial Aid Office of these changes as well.

You may be waitlisted for a program if there are more acceptable candidates than available seats. If any of the accepted applicants decline the offer of admission or fail to register, you may be taken from the waitlist. The waitlist is for the term to which you applied; it is not carried over from one term or one application year to another. To find your position on the Waitlist, please contact the Program Admissions Officer. Please see the Program Contact list on the Registrar’s Office website: for names and phone numbers.

For a list of current electives, please see the link at the bottom of the Registrar’s Office website: At this location, there is also a link with Step-By-Step instructions on how to select your elective.

* Please ensure you are selecting a list for your specific campus.

Students can access their account through your SIS: Main Menu/Self Service/Campus Finances/View Student Bill

Transcript requests can be requested by emailing:

To fulfill your request the following information must be included: Student's full name, Date of Birth, Student ID, and email address that the transcript is to be emailed to. Please allow 3-5 days for processing (If you do not know your Student ID number, please provide the last 3 digits of your Social Insurance number).

*If end of term transcripts is required, the request cannot be made until one month PAST the end of your completion date.
*To obtain an official transcript international students must update their home address to their Canadian address.

You can print your Letters of Enrollment (for RESP withdrawals, work permit applications, insurance purposes, etc.) through your SIS account: Main Menu/Self Service/Academic Records

Once grades have been posted, you can print off your Graduation Letter from your SIS account: Main Menu/Self Service/Academic Records

At the end of February each year, you can print your T2202 tuition tax receipt through your SIS account: Main Menu/Self-Service/Campus Finances/T2202 Tuition Tax Receipt

* Please ensure that you input your Social Insurance Number on your SIS account so your receipt can be generated with accurate information. This can be done by logging into your MYSTSCLAIR student portal:

  • From Main Menu on the left side of your screen, select “Self Service.”
  • Select “Social Insurance Number”
  • Select “SIN Entry Tax Forms”
  • Enter and confirm your SIN in the fields provided.
  • Check “I consent to the use of my Social Insurance Number for tax purposes by St. Clair College.”
  • Click “Save” once you ensure the information entered is accurate.

For more information regarding your T2202 please see:

If there is a credit on your account that requires a refund, you can request a refund through your SIS account.

Please see the Registrar’s Office website: for step-by-step instructions (on the right side).

Steps to request a refund through your SIS: Main Menu/Self Service/Campus Finances/ Request a refund.

Please note: International students must have a Canadian address on file to request a refund.

Refunds will be sent via e-transfer to your St. Clair College student email address.

There are a variety of reasons that a student account may be on hold. There could be tuition fees owing, outstanding parking tickets, library fees etc. It is the students’ responsibility to monitor their account throughout and to resolve so access can be renewed. If there is a hold placed on your account, no official documents (such as: official transcript or graduation letter) can be issued. You can access your account through your SIS: Main Menu/Self Service/Campus Finances/View Student Bill

Students who receive an initial dismissal from a program must apply for re-admission through the Student Information System.

Students who have received a Dismissal Notice from St. Clair College should review the communication sent from the Registrar’s Office. The Dismissal Letter includes instructions for next steps should a student wish to be considered for re- admission based on college policies and procedures.

Students who are re-admitted in accordance with above, will be placed on probation and must achieve a semester Grade Point Average of 2.00 by the next evaluation period. If a student fails to meet such requirements, the student will be dismissed (2nd dismissal) and will not be eligible for re-admission into that program without approval from the Program Chair. If denied, the student will not be eligible for a return to that program under any conditions for a period of two years from the start of the semester from which the student was dismissed. Students whose requests are denied by the Program Chair will be allowed the opportunity to choose a new program of study.

A student who has been dismissed three times from any post-secondary program at St. Clair College will not be eligible to enroll in another full time St. Clair College post-secondary program for a period of two years from the start of the semester from which the student was dismissed.

For students whose dismissal pre-dates this policy, implementation of their re-admission will be at the discretion of the Chair.

Students needing academic advising to assist with mapping out a path to graduation after a dismissal or being unsuccessful in a course can contact the Student Retention and Academic Advising department for assistance at

Please follow this link for instructions:

Please note there is a $15.00 fee for each additional Diploma or Certificate to issue a replacement. To order a replacement Diploma or Certificate, please email the Registrar’s Office at You will be asked to verify your account information & make a $15 payment online. Once the payment is received on your college account, the replacement Diploma or Certificate will be mailed to the address provided or the address on your SIS account.

Please refer to the Registrar’s Office website: for Step-By-Step Instructions and for the Transfer Credit Request Form.

To request a credit transfer, please email your completed package to the Registrar’s Office at A completed transfer credit package includes:

  1. A completed request for Transfer of Academic credit form
  2. Official, transcript from previous institution **
  3. Course outlines for courses previously taken.
  4. Payment. * There is a $25 fee per course requested: to a maximum charge of $100 per submission which will be charged to your student account.

** If your institution can email OFFICIAL transcripts in PDF format, this would be acceptable as long as the email is directly from your institution & is sent to with “CREDIT TRANSFER” included in the subject line.

*Please note: ALL requests can take 2-4 weeks to be completed and courses should not be dropped until students have verified on their SIS or via email that the request has been granted.

You can request to add or drop a course through your SIS, or you can email

You may “add” courses during the first 10 (ten) days from the start of classes. You may “drop” courses within the first two-thirds (2/3) of a given semester. If you drop courses during this time-period you will notice that “DROPPED”, “DROP”, or “DR” will appear on your record.

You may be permitted to drop a course(s) after the “drop” period, excluding the last week of any semester, with the permission of the academic Chair. Grades of Withdraw/Passing (WP) or Withdraw/Failing (WF) will be assigned by the instructor(s) based on your performance at the time of withdrawal. It is your responsibility to complete the paperwork for the assignment of a ‘WP’ or ‘WF’. (Please note: WF’ is calculated in the Grade Point Average for the semester, ‘WP’ is not).


  • NO REFUND will be given for courses dropped after the first 10 days of classes or for Advanced Standing requested after the first 10 days of classes.
  • NO COURSE(S) CAN BE ADDED after the first 10 days of classes in any semester.
  • NO COURSE(S) CAN BE DROPPED during the last week of any semester.

PLEASE NOTE: If adding a course(s) brings your course contact hours above the program maximum hours, additional fees will be assessed.

* It is your responsibility to ensure that your Account Summary matches the timetable that you are following. For example, if after registering, any changes in courses or sections occur in your program, you must contact the Registrar’s Office to correct your registration. Please remember, that if you remain registered in a course you are not taking, an “F” grade will automatically be assigned to that course on your grade report and your transcript. If you take a course which is not listed on your registration, you will not receive credit for the work you have done in that course.

Should you decide to withdraw from the College, it is your responsibility to complete an official College Withdrawal Form and submit it online to the Registrar’s Office on, or before, the deadline date * Non-attendance does not mean “withdrawal”. (* Deadline dates are posted on the Registrar’s Office website).
You can find the form here:

If you fail to complete an official College Withdrawal Form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office, you will be liable to the College for any and all outstanding fees for which you have been assessed and have not paid for the semester in which the withdrawal occurs (see Receiving a Refund). An encumbrance may be placed against your record should you fail to follow the official withdrawal procedures.

Students who are not granted Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) funds or who have a fee deferral deposit on file with the College, should take special note of the paragraph above. Please be sure to complete the College Withdrawal Form online regardless of when you find it necessary to leave during the semester. Requesting to be withdrawn by telephone contact, does not make the withdrawal official. Only completing the online Withdrawal form and receiving a confirmation from the Registrar’s Office ( makes the withdrawal official.

For International withdrawals, please follow link: policy

Please see the Registrar’s Office website: for Grade Appeal instructions. Also, please refer to the Student Guide for Grade Appeals for important steps & detailed information:

  • College policy specifies a $25 fee is required to file each grade appeal and that a grade appeal must be filed at the Registrar’s Office within 10 college business days of the official communication to the student of the final grade in a course.

It is the responsibility of the student to ensure all your courses, general electives and any additional requirements, including any co-op requirements, are complete with a minimum cumulative GPA to be eligible to graduate. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Admissions Officer at the Registrar’s Office. A listing of the Program Contacts can be found on their website: You can also phone the general phone number at 519-972-2759 or email You can also track your program progression through your SIS, instructions are found:

  • Full-time students: As a full-time student completing your program, you do not need to apply to graduate. Information will be sent to your college email address.
  • Part-time students: As a part-time student completing your final course(s) in your program wishing to graduate, you must connect with the Admissions Clerk for your program in the Registrar’s office to ensure that all information in your account is up to date prior to graduation.

For Domestic Students, Health coverage is provided by your Student Government, who can be reached by phone at 519-972-2716. Website is Windsor:; Chatham:

Opt-out begins Sept 1 – Sept 30.

*For Domestic students: To OPT-OUT of your coverage, please visit:
For International Students, it is mandatory for all international students in Canada on a study permit to have medical insurance coverage while you are here. This is provided through Student VIP, website is:

Please refer to the Placement website: Please also log onto your Program webpage & click the “Placement Tab” for other specific information.

Please visit the Continuing Education website: You can also email the Continuing Education Department at: or phone 519-972-2711 (Windsor), 519-354-9100 (Chatham) or 1-800-387-0524 (Toll-Free)

Yes. For Parking information, please refer to the Parking website: You can email at or by phone: 519) 972-2727 ext. 4515 (Windsor), (519) 354-9100 ext. 4515 (Chatham). Fax: (519) 972-2735

  1. Opt-out of the bus pass begins Sept 1 – Sept 30. Opting out will be done on the SRC Website only with criteria that must be followed. (For example, if they live outside the Transit Postal code service area, or have purchased a parking pass under their name here at SCC). Other opt outs will be case by case scenario. Once opt outs have closed, refunds will be allocated up to 6 weeks after deadline. Max of 40% opt out.
  2. Picking up their SAINTS Bus Pass. Pick up of the SAINTS bus pass normally begins the last week of August at the SRC Office (South or Downtown). Students must have valid Student Onecard to pick up bus pass as the student card is associated with the bus pass.
  3. For all inquiries, please email or 519-972-2727 ext. 2716 (SRC Front desk)
  4. Passes are valid for one year (Sept to August)