3 Year - Ontario College Diploma
Graduates of this program can be part of the licensed childcare team supporting young children in infant, toddler, preschool or school-age classrooms in developing thinking, learning, communication, physical, social and emotional skills. Registered Early Childhood Educators design and provide a curriculum that is based on the interests and the developmental level of each child. Practitioners in the field of Early Childhood Education work closely not only with children but also with families and other professionals, so excellent communication and social interaction skills are also required.
- This program will be offered in a combination of:
- Weekend and
- Online courses
- This program will fulfill all requirements of the Early Childhood Education Program.
- Registered ECE professionals design and provide a curriculum that is based on the interests and development level of each child.
- Placements are a mandatory part of the program and can be completed in a variety of schedules and locations. Placements could occur within a variety of settings such as Francophone or Indigenous settings, Early ON, childcare, before and after school, kindergarten or extended hours settings.
- Graduates must register with the College of Early Childhood Educators to practice in the profession.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
- OSSD / high school diploma with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level plus:
- Grade 12 English - ENG4U, ENG4C, EAE4C or EAE4U.
Mature Students' Status See Admission Procedures for details.
Accepted applicants must supply proof of a satisfactory medical examination and immunization prior to program entry. See Directions for Completing Health Assessment Record.
Please be advised that lack of documented immunizations may result in the restriction of clinical placement and therefore may delay and/or prevent completion of the prescribed program.
ECE134 Curriculum And Pedagogy I
ECE137 Foundations Of Early Learning And Care
ECE138 Observation And Documentation
ECE139 Building Responsive Relationships
ECE142 Child Development I
ECE221 Curriculum And Pedagogy II
ECE234 Field Placement Seminar I
ECE237 Field Practicum I
ECE227 Child Development II
FAW100 Foundations Academic Writing
ECE304 Well Being
ECE315 Inclusive Practice
ECE325 Field Placement Seminar II
ECE327 Field Practicum II
ECE322 Child Development III
ECE319 Community And Families
ECE400 Outdoor Education
ECE424 Field Placement Seminar III
ECE426 Field Practicum III
ECE422 Issues And Leadership
ECE427 ECE Advocacy II
ECE205G Anti-Oppression In Canadian Society
Two General Education Electives (of your choice) ending with “G” example: SSC 110G.