This two-year Ontario College Graduate Certificate develops leadership, strategic/business management, and technical competence through a curriculum that has been designed in alignment with "ten" Project Management Institute (PMI) highly desired knowledge areas. These include project integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk management, procurement, LEAN methodologies, leadership, contracts, tools and technology, and stakeholder engagement. As a result, students will acquire three industry-desired skill sets linked to the project management institute (PMI)talent triangle: technical project management, leadership, and strategic business management.
Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Degree, or equivalent
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Strategic Project Management (Ontario College Graduate Certificate) (70207)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Manage project goals, constraints, deliverables, performance criteria, quality control needs, and resource requirements as defined by the project stakeholders.
- Align management and leadership strategies when working on projects according to internal organizational culture.
- Adapt management and leadership style in response to issues that arise when managing projects.
- Facilitate communication, negotiation, and collaboration with all stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Ensure compliance with ethical and professional standards within a Canadian context when managing projects.
- Manage relationships and resolve conflict to establish motivation and promote positive organizational change.
- Integrate inclusive practices from a Canadian perspective to support equity and participation of diverse stakeholders when managing projects.
- Use technology tools for communication, collaboration, planning, information support and decision-making purposes for planning and managing projects.
- Analyse financial information to promote operational effectiveness and to support the scope, planning, procurement, risk and cost management of projects.
- Develop a comprehensive project plan to meet stakeholder requirements.
Effective Fall 2022