Ontario Colleges and McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Sign Memorandum of Agreement Regarding Student Transfer to Business Diploma Programs
This groundbreaking agreement is the first of its kind in Ontario, allowing McDonald's employees who have completed McDonald's Management Development Program Level 2 (MDP), to complete a 2-year Ontario College Business Diploma in as little as 1-year.
Through this agreement, Ontario Colleges agree to grant recognition for first year business credit into the business diploma (MTCU # 50200) or business administration advanced diploma (MTCU # 60200) (or the relevant related program at each local college) to McDonald's Second Assistant Managers who have completed the Management Development Program Level 2 (MDP) with the following additional requirements:
- Math: applicant to complete preadmission math assessment. If assessment is passed, requirement for introductory level math course would be fulfilled. If assessment is not passed, an introductory math course would be required.
- Business Communication: applicant to complete preadmission writing assessment. If assessment is passed, requirement for introductory level writing course would be fulfilled. If assessment is not passed, an introductory writing course would be required.
- Completion of one general education elective course (equivalent to 3 credits) to satisfy the first year general education requirement of the diploma. This could before or concurrent with other courses.
- Applicants to use the advanced standing application option on the Application Service for Ontario's Public Colleges (OCAS) and to apply for Business or Business Administration.
- Supporting documents to be sent to receiving college include:
- McDonald's Canada Training Verification form (signed by applicant's McDonald's manager, training must be completed within 3 years of the application)
- Any additional post-secondary transcripts that applicant may have
- Colleges reserve the right to validate graduation from secondary school and original admission requirements.
Ontario Colleges and McDonald's Restaurants of Canada are thrilled to offer this agreement which will benefit industry and education sectors.