There is a risk of accident and personal injury in learning to operate a motorcycle.
This course is designed in conjunction with the legal requirements of the Ministry of Transportation Graduated Licensing System. It will meet and exceed the requirements to have motorcycle riders currently riding with an M2 Class License to upgrade their status to an M Class Licensed motorcycle rider.
The M2 Exit program prepares the participant for a road test. In addition, participants will learn the techniques and etiquette associated with:
- Roadside stops
- Highway riding
- Group riding
- Lane changing
- Riding in residential and business areas
Participants must be 16 years of age or older to enroll in this course. Participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign a waiver prior to partaking in this course. All participants must sign a course waiver in the presence of a Senior course instructor.
This course must be completed within five years of completing your M2. Participants MUST bring their own insured motorcycles. No motorized tricycles will be permitted.
Important note: Participants are tested in the parking lot for basic riding skills prior to any on-road portions of this course using the MOST II skills test. If participants do not successfully pass the MOST II skills test, they will not be permitted to continue with the remaining on-road portions of the course, and no refunds will be provided. Participants are expected to have the licensing minimum of 18 months riding experience.
*It is mandatory to successfully complete the three consecutive days of this course including the M2 Exit test to be eligible for the M Class License.*
The following items are mandatory to be eligible to participate in this Motorcycle training course:
- Sturdy jacket (leather, denim, or other sturdy materials) and pants (heavy slacks or jeans) - holes are unacceptable. A waterproof jacket is recommended for rainy days - courses run rain or shine.
- Sturdy boots (i.e., riding boots, work boots, hiking boots) or motorcycle shoes that cover and support the ankle
- Full-fingered leather gloves/ full-fingered riding gloves
- *An "Approved" helmet - recommended is a full-face helmet with a face shield. Half helmets and open face helmets are acceptable however, you cannot use novelty or beanie-type helmets (* exceptions may apply)
- Eye protection - helmet shields, goggles, safety glasses or sunglasses are acceptable. Glasses must be impact resistant.
- A valid Ontario “M2” Class motorcycle license
- Safety gear and a valid Ontario “M2” Class motorcycle license will be required at all times for this course.
Pre-requisite: Ontario M2 license for 22 months (or 18 months if you have taken an approved M1 Exit course.) Participants must have use of a personal, insured motorcycle for all 3 days of this course.
For general inquiries please contact (519) 972-2727, Ext. 4575.