Orientation for Students with Disabilities
Goals and Objectives
The transition to college can be both exciting and stressful; especially for those with a disability or accessibility needs. Don’t worry, it’s normal to have questions and concerns. We're Here to Help!
Our promise to you is...
- to provide you with answers to your questions and concerns
- and provide you with the necessary tools to help you to succeed here at St. Clair College!
How will this Orientation help me?
This orientation is designed to provide students with an understanding of the services available to them. We encourage self-advocacy and independence. At the end of the session, you will have all the information you need to be prepared for your first day of college.
Through a series of short workshops and presentations, we will provide answers to questions like:
- What academic accommodations can I access?
- What other supports will be available to me on campus?
- What technology is available to assist with my success?
- What learning strategies will help me to succeed academically?
- What does my IEP look like at a college level?
- Who can I talk to if I have questions or problems?
- How will I manage my anxiety?
- Lunch will be provided as well as snacks and refreshments
- Daily draws
- Gift bags for every participant
- Information binders and/or digital copies will be provided (no need to bring pens or paper!)
- Be entered into a draw to receive a $500 tuition bursary...(SAY WHAT??!!)
Find out About
- Accessibility services
- Accommodations plans
- Testing services
- Assistive technology
- Learning strategies
- Time and stress management
- Financial aid
- Tutoring services
December 18th from 9 am - 12 pm.
This orientation is for Windsor Campus Programs ONLY, if you require information for supports offered at the Chatham Campus please contact 519-354-9100 ext. 3306.