This new program provides students with the skills to effectively create advertising and integrated marketing communications plans together with the materials and costs for the emerging advertising formats. These formats include: mobile, viral and blog advertising, RSS feeds, searching advertising, personalized searches, pod casting, widget advertising, effectiveness research, social networking, media and copywriting, online and mobile user behaviour and current and emerging technologies.
Graduates may find employment opportunities as advertising agents, account managers, sales and advertising managers, web marketing managers, advertising coorindators, desktop publishers and web marketing managers.
Diploma or degree from a recognized college or university in a related field with at least one introductory marketing course.
Demonstrated competence through related work.
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Web and Interactive Advertising (Ontario College Graduate Certificate) (MTCU Code 72902)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Plan and execute an interactive web and advertising campaign.
- Apply the interactive affordances of Web 2.0 technologies to the solution of marketing problems.
- Utilize the dynamics of consumer behavior in Web technologies to the solution of marketing problems.
- Integrate interactive advertising plans with traditional marketing communications plans.
- Execute a Situation Analysis and SWOT and develop Key marketing Opportunities from these analyses.
- Develop communications objectives and strategies that address the key marketing opportunities identified in a marketing communications plan.
- Utilize the interactive communication tools and apply them to specific roles of interactive advertising.
- Develop an effective Customer Relationship Plan using Web interactivity.
- Evaluate the use of various interactive media in the development of an interactive advertising campaign.
- Write effective copy for interactive media.
- Measure the impact of a campaign by way of cost benefit analysis.
- Complete all work in compliance with relevant law, standards, and the appropriate principles and practices when preparing interactive advertising plans and materials.
- Manage, efficiently and effectively, an interactive advertising project from conceptualization to evaluation.