- Create websites using modern, in demand languages and technologies.
- Develop high quality responsive web sites.
- Gain valuable experience designing User Experiences (UX – UI).
- Learn to build agile projects and properly designed databases.
Graduates can be expected to find employment as a Webmaster, Web developer, Internet site designer, Internet site developer, Intranet site designer, Website developer, e- business Web site developer or self-employed.
Some potential laddering of courses into the Mobile Applications Development (B990) program.
OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
Mature students - See Admission Procedures for details.
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Internet Applications and Web Development (Ontario College Diploma)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Relate effectively to web development supervisors, coworkers, and clients.
- Configure and maintain internet services, internet application servers, database servers, and network services.
- Construct, modify, implement, query, and maintain effective databases, and interface with applications.
- Develop internet services and web application security by applying appropriate techniques and strategies.
- Program and debug internet applications using a variety of client-side and server-side development languages.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain electronic commerce (e-commerce) applications.
- Create and maintain functional and dynamic websites by applying graphic and web design skills and principles.
- Develop and maintain websites reflective of business objectives and clients’ needs through the application of advertising and marketing principles.
- Adhere to relevant laws and industry standards.
- Coordinate or participate as a member of a project management team that develops internet applications.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development that will lead to enhanced work performance and career opportunities, and keep pace with industry changes.