All students and staff will be supported virtually by library services, as our physical library spaces will remain closed through the Fall semester. Our virtual hours of operation for the fall semester are 8am - 9pm Monday - Friday, with our chat/text reference service askON, available from 6am - 12pm (midnight) Monday-Friday and 11am-5pm, Saturday and Sunday.
Student Library Support:
- Please email us at email@example.com for inquiries about database access, library materials, and research assistance. We will be monitoring the library’s email weekdays from 8am - 9pm. Outside our regular library hours, please utilize askON for library and research questions.
During these challenging times, we want to ensure you continue to receive the same quality of support you have come to expect from the library from the comfort of your home. Please take note of our revised library procedures:
- We will be providing contactless delivery of physical supplementary library materials. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- The accumulation of fines on checked out materials will be waived this semester. However, if materials checked out this semester are not returned by January 22, 2021, you will be charged the full cost of the materials.
- Books currently in your possession can be returned to the library book bin at the Windsor campus located at the front door of the main South building.
- For information on where to return books in Chatham, or if you have finished your studies, have left the area and are still in possession of library materials, please email us at email@example.com
- Inter-library Loan (ILL) services to/from other colleges is suspended for the fall semester.
askON Virtual Reference (Chat/Text):
For in-depth research help, we encourage the use of askON. Our staff, as well as teams across Ontario college libraries, will be dedicated to the chat/text service. Students can get one-on-one research assistance on weekdays, evenings, and weekends! Current askON hours are reflected on our library website. To start a chat, simply click the tab at the bottom of the library webpage.
Online Research Support:
For one-on-one virtual research help specific to your area of study, we welcome the use of reference appointments. To book an appointment for virtual reference assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we can set up an appointment through Microsoft Teams with you.
For specialized research assistance, we encourage the use of Research Guides. They are listed alphabetically and by subject based on your area of study and serve as a good starting point for information in your field of study.
- When you log into the library databases, do not use the W in front of your student number.
- If you experience any difficulties, clear the cache and/or your browsing history. Switching browsers is also helpful. After these measures, and you are still experiencing issues, please email us at email@example.com
Faculty Library Support:
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a staff library number or require assistance accessing electronic resources.
- The library will also assist faculty with the selection and recommendation of library resources for their students to use in a virtual environment.
- For assistance with Blackboard embedding of links, please email us.
- We continue to offer virtual classroom information literacy instruction sessions to your students. Please fill out the form here.
- Please encourage students to use askON and email the library for further research assistance.
We are fully engaged in our partnership with you - our students and staff. Do not hesitate to reach out to us!