Post Secondary Programs
If you are not a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, you will need a Canadian Study Permit to study in Canada and a Letter of Acceptance - issued by the College - in order to apply for the permit.
General diploma programs admission requirement for international students are as follows:
Canada & USA: High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript, or equivalent.
British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.): WAEC (or NECO) transcript with online verifying scratch card number and PIN required.
South Asia (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.): High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. CAEL 60, IELTS 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5, or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Level 51, or TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) score of 550, or internet-based test (iBT) score of 78, or computer-based test (CBT) score of 213, or Duolingo 100.
India: High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. CAEL 60 with no band below 50, IELTS 6.0 overall with no band lower than 5.5, or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Level 54, proficiency tests must have been taken within the previous two years from the date of submitting application.
Other regions (English proficiency test required)
- High school diploma/graduation certificate and transcript or equivalent in original language and English translation.
- English proficiency requirement: CAEL 50, TOEFL iBT 78, IELTS (overall band) 6.0, or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Level 54
- For information about IELTS, see International English Language Testing System.
- Applicants who do not have the minimum TOEFL or IELTS score will be required to write the English Proficiency Test (CanTEST) after arrival at the College. Students who do not pass the CanTEST will need to register in the St. Clair College English as a Second Language (ESL) program prior to entering post-secondary programs.
- Pharmacy Technician - Click here to learn about the Language Proficiency Requirements for the Pharmacy Technician Program.
General Admission to St. Clair College
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old or must have completed either Grade 12 or Grade 12 equivalent (Some exceptions may apply)
- A certified copy of high school transcripts that have been translated into English
Admission Requirements to the English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Minimum Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or graduates from high school.
- Students can start during Spring, Fall and Winter Semesters.
- Fees will be based on the number of weeks students attend.
- Upon successful completion of the EAP programs, students may apply for post-secondary programs.
Please contact the International Development Office for details.
Withdrawal Procedure - India SPP Students
- Students wishing to withdraw after arrival in Canada will have to attend an in-person appointment at St. Clair College, Windsor, Ontario.
- Please contact International@stclaircollege.ca to book an appointment. Appointments will not be booked by phone.
- Appointments will be provided exclusively during the 10 business days at the beginning of the semester.
- We understand that friends or family members may accompany you on your trip to Windsor, however, due to limited space only the student is invited to the appointment. St. Clair College has many refreshment areas as well as a lobby outside of our International Centre where family and friends may wait.
- When you are given an appointment, Rinky will send a list of documents required to withdraw. If you do not have the appropriate documentation, you will be required to book a subsequent appointment.
- St. Clair College deducts approximately $2,410.19, to students transferring to other institutions.