What is Summon?
Summon is a library Google-like search engine that provides the simple, easy, fast and familiar searching of the St. College library's collection from a single search box. It searches through our collection of books, journals, articles, e-books, videos, and more. You are able to limit your results to peer-reviewed materials, to filter by year and format, narrow by additional subject terms and save, print or email references. Summon is a good starting point to find materials for your research.
What's covered in Summon?
Summon includes records from the St. Clair College Library catalogue, articles, citations, and other sources in the databases that the St. Clair College Library subscribes to.
When do I use Summon?
- Search for articles and/or books on a topic
Summon searches a wide range of sources and will bring you books, articles and other useful resources on your topic.
- Get started on an interdisciplinary topic
Summon will find resources from databases covering many topics, so can be much more efficient than searching several databases.
- Narrow a topic down
Summon lets you narrow down your search by subject or discipline, using facets on the left side. Each facet shows you how many results you'll get if you select it, so you can see in advance if you're narrowing your topic down to only 2 or 3 items.
Use summon in 3 simple steps...
- Enter the search terms into a single search box. You can select Advanced Search options under the search box or from the results page.
- Refine results by criteria such as full text, academic journals, subject, date, and other options.
- View results, and link direct to full text or more details.