Corporate Health & Wellness programs give employers numerous advantages in their companies. Studies have proven that incorporating a health and wellness program aids in:
- Increased safety standards of the entire workplace
- Reduced health care costs
- Increased productivity
- Decreased absenteeism and worker's compensation/disability
- Improved employee morale, loyalty & spirit
- Strengthen employee/employer relations
Obesity alone costs companies $12.7 billion a year, due to higher medical bills, higher health insurance costs, lower productivity and around 40 million lost workdays. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently reported that the overweight epidemic affects two-thirds of adults and is getting worse.
Benefits of a Corporate Fitness Program
Studies by the University of Michigan and Johnson & Johnson show that employers can save THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS if they focus on their employee's health:
- $1,100 a year for every employee who breaks their addictive smoking habit.
- $269 a year for every employee who progresses from couch potato to fitness enthusiast.
- $1,200 a year on employees who reduce their cholesterol levels.
- $177 a year for every employee who loses more than 30 pounds.
- The Wellness Councils of America reported a $24 return for every $1 spent on a company wellness program for small businesses.
- According to a 2005 survey by The Art of Health Promotion, companies who instituted employee health and wellness programs realized a 30% reduction in medical and absenteeism costs in less than four years.