OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
Mature students - See Admission Procedures
If you are interested in working in the dynamic and ever-changing tourism industry, this program will assist you in achieving your goals. The two year diploma program will help develop those skills employers are looking for in a new employee, such as communication, teamwork, computer, and customer service skills. Students that earn their diploma are prepared to begin entry level positions in a number of the travel industry sectors. If you are interested in a career as an airline/tour reservationist, flight attendant, cruise ship employee, tour guide, tour manager, event planner, travel counselor, hotel/ resort concierge, or any other facet of the tourism industry, this program is for you.
- Students can apply to work and earn credits through the Disney College at Disney World in Orlando, Florida, working, living and earning St. Clair College and Central Michigan University credits.
- Graduates have the opportunity to obtain a Bachelor of Arts in Travel and Tourism Management at the Institute of Technology Tralee in Ireland by completing 2 semesters abroad.
- Optional yearly field trip abroad (past trips include Mexico, Caribbean, Cruises, Europe)
- Active Tourism and Travel Club offers student the opportunity to earn money for annual field trip
- Mid-program work placement experience tailored to individual interests
- SABRE computer airline reservation system training
- Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO) Minimum Standards Exam administered as part of the program
- Tourism Photography gives students the opportunity to create travel brochures and effectively produce images suitable for publication in travel magazines
- Create destination travel websites
- Volunteer opportunities exist at major events throughout the city of Windsor, including the annual St. Clair College Wine Gala hosted in part by the Tourism and Travel students
- Student Work Experience Program recruitment opportunities exist with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts located in Western Canada
Tourism is one of the largest economic generators worldwide; employment opportunities are endless. Whether you are changing careers or looking for a new job, tourism and travel will offer you a world of possibilities. After completing the two year program, graduate job opportunities exist with airlines, airports, attractions, car rental companies, convention and meeting centres, cruise lines, government tourism offices, hotels and resorts, on-line travel providers, rail lines, travel agencies, tour operators and visitor information centres, among others. Tourism and Travel students can work and earn credits through the Disney College Program and the Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Student Work Experience Program.
The standard tuition and compulsory fees for the current academic year:
2016-2017 Tuition Fees
For programs with Experiential Learning (Work Placement/Internship): Costs for accommodation, if needed, travel and related expenses is at the student's own expense. It is recommended for most programs, that students have access to a laptop or desktop computer while away from home during experiential learning periods.
Textbooks and other materials are in addition to Tuition Fees. Textbook prices may be found through the Bookstore website.
Please be aware that tuition and compulsory fees are subject to adjustment each year. The College reserves the right to change, amend or alter fees as necessary without notice or prejudice.
Introduction to Tourism
Professional Travel Presentations
Tourism Service Excellence
Communications in Tourism
Essential Computer Skills and Reporting
Professional Development and Career Planning
Resorts and Leisure Travel
Information Technology in Tourism
Cultural Diversity in Travel
General Education Elective
Professional Tour Guiding
Social Media and Marketing for Tourism
Outdoor Adventure and Awareness Travel
General Education Elective
Cultural Heritage Tourism
Sabre Part II