OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level plus:
- Grade 12 Math (C) or (U)
- Senior level Physics recommended (C) or (U)
Mature students - See Admission Procedures
The Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician program prepares graduates for entry level positions for Apprenticeships in: Air Conditioning, Sheet Metal, Electrical, and Refrigeration Trades. Tradespeople in these fields require sound mechanical and problem solving skills to install and repair heating and cooling equipment.
- Apprenticeship possibilities following graduation in sheet metal, electrical or refrigeration and air conditioning trades.
- Curriculum follows the prescribed TSSA Gas Technician 3 and Gas Technician 2 syllabus, providing an opportunity to become a LICENSED GAS TECHNICIAN (external certification through TSSA).
- Eligible for Refrigeration Handling Certification (external certification through HRAI).
Apprenticeship possibilities and job prospects are excellent, with above average wages and steady employment. Graduates find work with heating, air conditioning, sheet metal, electrical and refrigeration companies. Installers and service technicians in this trade typically work on heating, cooling and refrigeration systems in the residential, commercial, industrial and institutional industries. Other opportunities include wholesale, distribution, sales or service representatives for manufacturers of heating and cooling material and equipment.
- Program Physical Demands Analysis: T207
The standard tuition and compulsory fees for the current academic year:
2017-2018 Tuition Fees
For programs with Experiential Learning (Work Placement/Internship): Costs for accommodation, if needed, travel and related expenses is at the student's own expense. It is recommended for most programs, that students have access to a laptop or desktop computer while away from home during experiential learning periods.
Textbooks and other materials are in addition to Tuition Fees. Textbook prices may be found through the Bookstore website.
Please be aware that tuition and compulsory fees are subject to adjustment each year. The College reserves the right to change, amend or alter fees as necessary without notice or prejudice.