Campus:St. Clair College Centre for the Arts - Windsor (B939)
Program Length:Two Year - Ontario College Diploma
(519) 972-2727, ext. 4422
OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
Mature students - See Admission Procedures for details.
This program will prepare graduates for direct entry into hospitality venues such as resorts & hotels, catering & conference centres and restaurants & bars. The hospitality student will be provided with solid information on how both the accommodation operations (hotels) and the food & beverage operations (restaurants) function through learning about:
- All back-of-the-house and front-of-the-house departments
- How entry level jobs lead to hospitality management positions
- Theoretical course lessons taught by hospitality professionals
- Practical skills learned in labs and in working hospitality settings
- Sensory experiences by tasting and gaining knowledge in the production, preparation and serving of beverages and meals
- The hospitality experience from the customer perspective and the impact of the hospitality employee and manager in that experience
- Front desk & guest services operations
- Hotel housekeeping & reservations
- Meal preparation
- Food & beverage service
- Special event planning and delivery
- Professionalism and customer service
- The program is located at the St. Clair College Centre for the Arts which houses a full convention centre and is connected to two major hotel chains.
- Participate in multiple field trips and site inspections of hospitality industry venues
- Active Hospitality student club
- Planning and participation in annual student-operated Grand Gala event
- Internship placement in one of our Hospitality industry partners host sites or through our student “work and learn” programs.
- Operation of our simulated restaurant venue by performing in the roles of host and a la carte server and by preparing meals for our lunch and dinner service.
- Gain additional certification in Smart Serve, Food Safety & Sanitation, and Customer Service Excellence.
- Opportunities with the Disney College in Florida
Ontario's hospitality industry is expanding and so are job opportunities in the accommodations and food service sectors. Areas such as: front desk, housekeeping, catering, bartending, restaurant/resort/club services, sales and marketing, guest services, convention/conference services, and hotel restaurant management are just some of the opportunities that await our graduates. Our students enjoy an almost 100 percent hire success rate upon graduation. Student work and earn programs are available through recruitment visits by Fairmont Resorts & Hotels, through the Disney College Program, and internally by the St. Clair College Centre for the Arts.
- Program Physical Demands Analysis: B939
- International Disney College Program
- Photos of Hospitality Students in action
Fees are subject to adjustment each year. The standard tuition and compulsory fees for 2012 are as follows:
Total 1st Year Tuition and Compulsory Fees$3,304.69
There is an investment of approximately $1,000 for course materials and books and uniforms and tools which are useable throughout the program. Visit the web site for additional information about this program.
For textbook prices see the Bookstore website .
For a breakdown of tuition and other compulsory fees for Canadian, U.S. and International students, see Tuition & Fees.