OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
Mature students - See Admission Procedures
With gardening as the country's fastest growing leisure activity, people are spending more time and money on their property. A Horticulture Technician provides product and service expertise with landscape design and construction as well as grounds maintenance. The technician is trained to operate greenhouses and manage retail garden centres including the care of interior plants in commercial complexes.
This program will appeal to those with a self proclaimed “green thumb” as well as a strong interest in nature and environmental issues.
- More summer and graduate job opportunities than the number of students, year after year.
- Students work with the College on maintenance and installation of the College’s 110 acre campus arboretum and study a wide spectrum of exotic botanical plants.
- The Horticulture Team has achieved Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals in the Canada/Skills Landscaping Gardening Competition held at Rim Park in Waterloo.
- Strong community involvement assisting with design solutions for community and municipal projects.
- Students will be prepared to pursue Landscape Ontario's Landscape Industry Certified Technician Exam, and also receive training for certification in Pesticides (Technician and Exterminator), Front End Loader/Skid Steer Operator and Chainsaw Certification.
- Summer paid employment opportunities right here within our program.
Typical entry level positions range from project estimator and designer to managerial roles. Positions exist with landscape construction companies, design/build companies including, paving, planting, irrigation, and maintenance. Those completing the program also have the skills and knowledge to start their own landscaping business to managerial roles.
Click Here to view the City of Windsor Offer of Summer Employment.
- Program Physical Demands Analysis: T866
The standard tuition and compulsory fees for the current academic year:
2016-2017 Tuition Fees
For programs with Experiential Learning (Work Placement/Internship): Costs for accommodation, if needed, travel and related expenses is at the student's own expense. It is recommended for most programs, that students have access to a laptop or desktop computer while away from home during experiential learning periods.
Textbooks and other materials are in addition to Tuition Fees. Textbook prices may be found through the Bookstore website.
Please be aware that tuition and compulsory fees are subject to adjustment each year. The College reserves the right to change, amend or alter fees as necessary without notice or prejudice.