- Windsor Campus
(EAP1, EAP2, EAP3, EAP4, EAP5, EAP6, EAP7, EAP8)
- Program Length:
- 7 weeks per level
- January, March, May, July, September, October
Prospective students must undergo placement testing to determine their level of English proficiency. Canadian residents, please contact Wanda Killops, Lab Technologist: (519) 972-2727 ext. 5141 or email@example.com. International students, please contact Alex Wu, Manager, International Recruitment and Project Development, (519) 972-2727 ext. 4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Nathaniel VeltKamp, Manager, International Projects, (519) 972-2727 ext. 5899 or email@example.com.
Effective in Fall 2017, St. Clair College’s new English for Academic Purposes (EAP) certificate program is an intensive, full-time academic pathway program. The program integrates reading, writing, listening and speaking skills with an academic focus. The curriculum is geared toward non-native speakers of English who want to improve their writing, communication and critical thinking skills as well as cultural competency.
Incoming students take a Level Placement Test to see which level they should start in. Students then progress through the levels (a maximum of eight levels), adding to their reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar skills. Each level is seven weeks long.
English for Academic Purposes is a preparatory program that will offer learners direct entry to most postsecondary programs at St. Clair College if they successfully complete Levels 7 and 8 with a 70% average, provided that they meet all other admission requirements. No additional tests of English language proficiency will be required.
- Focus is on conversation, reading, writing, grammar, pronunciation and listening skills.
- Small class sizes: students given ample opportunity for individual attention and participation.
- Highly-trained professors and technicians who provide supportive, personal instruction.
- Interaction with English-speaking people.
- Computer lab and audio-language lab.
- Daily use of all College facilities (Library, Internet Lab, Learning Centre, Audio-Visual Centre, pool, gym, etc.)
- Accredited by Languages Canada
- $830.50 per seven week semester (tuition)
- • Textbooks, transportation, and Student Card are extra
- $2969.50 per seven week semester (tuition)
- Textbooks, transportation, accommodation, and Student Card, are extra
- $125.00 application fee
Computer Assisted Lab Learning
Structure - English Foundations
Writing - English Foundations
Reading - English Foundations
Listening/Speaking - English Foundations
Reading and Writing 1
Listening and Speaking 1
Computer Assisted Lab Learning 1
Reading and Writing 2
Listening and Speaking 2
Computer Assisted Lab Learning 2
Reading and Writing 3
Listening and Speaking 3
Computer Assisted Lab Learning 3
Reading and Writing 4
Listening and Speaking 4
Computer Assisted Lab Learning 4
Reading and Writing 5
Listening and Speaking 5
Computer Assisted Lab Learning 5
Reading and Writing 6
Listening and Speaking 6
Computer Assisted Lab Learning 6
Reading and Writing 7
Listening and Speaking 7
Computer Assisted Lab Learning 7
Reading and Writing 8
Listening and Speaking 8
Computer Assisted Lab Learning 8