Advertising & Marketing Communications Management
Campus:St. Clair College Centre for the Arts - Windsor (B875)
Program Length:Three Year - Ontario College Advanced Diploma
(519) 972-2727 ext. 4300
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSOSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
Mature students - See Admission Procedures for details.
PROGRAM GOALSTo provide our grads with the best and most up-to-date advertising and marketing communications skills of any advertising school in Canada.
- Faculty have experience as senior advertising executives at major international and national companies.
- The most up-to-date curriculum of any advertising program in Ontario.
- Students will develop complete advertising and integrated marketing communications plans and programs, from the business planning stage to the final preparation of creative materials.
- Our students have won more gold medals in Advertising and Marketing Communications competitions than any other College in Ontario.
- We arrange a four week internship for all students.
Note: Participation in internship may be restricted for students not meeting minimum internship requirements.
- Eight new Internet marketing courses.
- Emphasis on solving real advertising problems and developing real advertising materials.
- The Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada will award each student the IAB Internet Master's Certificate, an added value of $2500.00 available only to St. Clair grads.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIESThere are so many different career paths when you graduate that we can't list them all. But here are some of the more popular ones our program can offer you: digital media, social networking management, account management, copywriting, event planning, media planning and buying, public relations, Internet marketing and advertising, consumer behaviour, relationship management and many, many more. It's no wonder that 90% of our grads are employed within 6 months, pursuing careers in Windsor, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and many more.
- Davenport University Detroit: Awarded 90 of 120 credits towards a Bachelor's degree. If an additional Post-Grad certificate is taken, students can receive up to five additional course credits for the MBA program.
- Athabasca University: Awarded up to 60 of 120 credits towards a BA.
- Griffith University, Australia: Complete a Bachelor's Degree in 2 semesters.
- Wayne State University: Transfer credits arranged by the student.
- University of Windsor: Transfer credits arranged by the student.
- Wilfred Laurier University: Awarded 7.5 out of 20 credits with a 75% mark in our program.
ACCELERATED TRANSFERSStudents who have successfully completed a related program at the college or university level can apply for direct entry into Semester 5 of our program. Students must contact the Program Coordinator before applying.
WHY CHOOSE ST. CLAIR COLLEGE'S ADVERTISING PROGRAM?St. Clair's Advertising & Marketing Communications Management program has a lot to brag about. Our students outperform - having won more advertising competitions than any of the other Ontario advertising school. We pride ourselves on the 90% employment rate that our graduates enjoy within 6 months of completion. The Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada calls ours “the most up-to-date curriculum of any of the Ontario advertising schools.”
But enough about us, this is about you. Why is all of this good for you? Because you never miss an episode of Mad Men. Because you are a creative thinker and a problem solver. Because you write, design, and spend hours on interactive media. If this sounds like you, St. Clair's Advertising & Marketing Communications Management program is for you.
The highly experienced faculty offer students the best in marketing and advertising training. Students will learn: the Business of Advertising and the Psychology of Advertising, Principles of Marketing, Layout and Design, Print Media, Digital and Web Design and Copywriting. You will be developing complete and integrated plans and programs in: marketing and communications, advertising, promotions and public relations, event planning, business and creatives in both the traditional and web arenas.
As if all this isn't enough, we also arrange a month-long work internship for you. Plus, should you be interested in further education, your credits can gain you standing at various universities including: Athabasca, Wilfrid Laurier, Davenport, Windsor, Wayne State and Griffith.
YOUR INVESTMENTFees are subject to adjustment each year. The standard tuition and compulsory fees for 2012 are:
Total 1st Year Tuition and Compulsory Fees$3,304.69
We recommend that students have home access to a laptop or desktop computer. Texts and other materials: $250 to $500 per semester.
Internship: Costs for four weeks accommodation and travel and pre-internship interviews for students who wish to intern outside of Windsor are borne by the student.
For textbook prices see the Bookstore website.
For a breakdown of tuition and other compulsory fees for Canadian, U.S. and International students, see Tuition & Fees.