- St. Clair College took home a dozen top medals from the Ontario Technological Skills Competition held in Waterloo May 4-6.
Of the 29 St. Clair student participants, nearly half placed in the top three and won medals. The three gold medals St. Clair took home were all Graphic Design participants. St. Clair students won four silver medals and five bronze medals in Website Development, Landscape Gardening, Restaurant Services, Graphic Design, Mechanical CADD and Mechatronics.
St. Clair College Ontario Technological Skills Competition Competitors
"St. Clair College's participation level in this event clearly showed Skills Ontario that St. Clair College is committed to supporting the promotion of skilled trades and technology careers," said Sue McLelland, St. Clair's Apprenticeship & Academic Upgrading Program Manager.
The following are the names of the award winners:
- Ryan Frith - Graphic Design (Faculty Coach Nick Kuipers) - Ryan and Nick will now move on to the Nationals in Saskatoon in a couple of weeks!
- Nina Keast - Medal Design Winner (Graphic Design Student)
- Jessica Nelson - Pin Design Winner (Graphic Design Student)
- Alexander Gervais – Website Development (Faculty Coach Phil Aylesworth)
- Zak Hertel – Landscape Gardening (Faculty Coach Jay Terryberry)
- Shaun St. Pierre - Landscape Gardening (Faculty Coach Jay Terryberry)
- Jesse Masse – Restaurant Services – (Faculty Coaches Ken Reynolds & Paul Miaritis)
- Elisa Bognar – Graphic Design (Faculty Coach Nick Kuipers)
- Scott Slater – Mechanical CADD (Faculty Coach Joan Hunter)
- Noah Vezina – Mechatronics (Faculty Coach Ryan Pepper)
- Jeremy Allossery - Mechatronics (Faculty Coach Ryan Pepper)
- Cornelius Froese - Web Site Development (Faculty Coach Phil Aylesworth)