- St. Clair's One Campaign Two Campuses Donor Wall was unveiled in Windsor Monday morning.
The wall is located on the second floor of the SportsPlex at the South Campus.
One Campaign Two Campuses helped kick off St. Clair's Capital Campaign in 2007. This campaign was focused on the HealthPlex in Chatham and the SportsPlex in Windsor.
Donors pose for a photo with the Donor Wall.
This campaign was an internal campaign supported by past and present employees. Monday's ceremony was in their honour and another ceremony will take place later this month in Chatham.
The campaign was to support student health and wellness on campus through the completion of these two state-of-the-art buildings.
Read on to discover more about these great facilities:
What is a HealthPlex and SportsPlex?
- A HealthPlex and SportsPlex is more than a gym. It's more than a fitness centre or educational space. It is the combination of all of these elements with a focus on the health and wellness of the body and the mind. It is space that will provide amenities and services of a wide variety in order that students, staff and our community can further their own individual healthy lifestyle regime. With gym facilities as part of this complex, St. Clair College has the opportunity to host larger athletics events, from local high school tournaments to provincial and national competitions.
What amenities are in these facilities?
- The SportsPlex in Windsor is a 75,000 sq. ft. facility with a 10,000 sq. ft. fitness centre, triple gym, classroom space, elevated running track and space for aerobics, Pilates and yoga classes.
- Chatham's 45,000 sq. ft. HealthPlex features a double gym, a running track, a 5,000 sq. ft. fitness centre, space for aerobics, Pilates and yoga classes and classroom space.
Why a HealthPlex/SportsPlex?
- St. Clair College is aware of the amenities that students are expecting today from their post-secondary educational institutions. This includes fitness facilities, large, state-of-the-art gym facilities, space for fitness classes, educational space dedicated to health and wellness knowledge, and more.
- In today's world we believe it is important to show a strong commitment to the health and wellness of our students, staff and community.
- These facilities are part of the college's vision for further development of both campuses, providing expanded opportunities for student athletics and academic pursuits.
One Campaign - Two Campuses Donor Wall